If ever there was an inexpensive source of high quality protein, it is the humble and amazingly versitile egg. Here is my version of the classic favorite, egg salad.
- a dozen eggs
- mayonaise, 1/2 cup or less
- 2 tablespoons green onion
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- salt & pepper
- Boil and peel a dozen eggs. (click here for how to boil an egg)
- In a large mixing bowl and using a potato masher, break up the eggs. Alternatively, chop the eggs and add the to the mixing bowl.
- Stir in enough mayonaise to bind the eggs, up to 1/2 cup if necessary.
- Add two tablespoons of green onion.
- Add two tablespoons chili powder (adds flavor, not heat)
- Stir to mix in green onion and chili powder.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve on wraps, sandwich bread, or on crackers.